Thursday, January 17, 2008

Arm Amputee offers Inside Look at Life without His Limb

Here is an excellent blogger who has posted stories about his experience loosing his arm, waiting on it to heal, and then getting fit with an upper-extremity prosthesis. You can even watch a slide show of his arm through the healing process, but I warn you: it is not for the squeamish.

Below you can read his own welcome:


Welcome to my blog, here you can read about my life after I lost my left hand in a near fatal accident whilst paragliding in Colombia, (South America), back in February 2006. You can read about the accident in one of my first posts here, and see how I've recovered by checking out the posts under the recovery category. As is normal for blogs everything is in reverse chronological order, so go the bottom if you want to read in time order.

I try and post about once a week on things I experience in life, some related to being an amputee and others not. I've also started to do some product reviews of things I've found useful when you only have one hand. You can see details of my coverage in the media, something that started with an article in the San Francisco Chronicle. I hope you find your reading enjoyable, interesting and perhaps informative. Please leave a comment on a post or two, it's always nice to hear from people that have come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment