Friday, May 16, 2008

Double Amputee Can Run in Olympics!

The now-famous double BK amputee from South Africa, Oscar Pistorius, has won his appeal today before the world's highest court for athletics, the Court of Arbitration for Sport. This clears him to compete in Beijing this summer with able bodied sprinters in his best event, the 400m, so long as he qualifies with a time of at least 45.95 seconds.


Earlier today, Pistorius said, “I am thrilled with the panel’s findings and hope that it silences many of the crazy theories that have been circulating in recent months about my having an unfair advantage.”

“My focus throughout this appeal has been to ensure that disabled athletes be given the chance to compete and compete fairly with able-bodied athletes. I look forward to continuing my quest to qualify for the Olympics.”

No comments:

Post a Comment